Why We Love Adagio
Adagio Accounting Helps Our Clients Run Their Businesses More Intelligently
What Makes Adagio Accounting Software Great
Who is Adagio for? Adagio Accounting software is designed for small to mid-sized companies that have an accounting office. This means the accounting function is managed by trained accountants rather than by the owner-operator.
Adagio is accounting software designed for real accountants.
Flexible Transaction Processing
Rather than being forced to post each transaction to today’s date (like in Quickbooks), Adagio’ software provides accountants and bookeepers with the flexibility to post to previous periods, and even periods in prior years. The accounting system needs to control accounts for a diverse set of departments, divisions, and even multiple companies. They expect to produce financial reports that provide exactly the information that each constituent in the organization needs.
Transaction Processing In Batches
Adagio software enables the accounting department to quickly and efficiently enter large volumes of transactions.
Adagio processes transactions in batches rather than one-by-one in real-time. Batch processing allows for error prevention and correction before the transaction is permanently posted to the GL. There are additional controls for transaction posting that flow through to the sub-ledgers to prevent unauthorized or unwanted posts. The batch detail also provides auditors with additional audit trail. Adagio easily accommodates companies that sell things rather than (or in addition to) services. Adagio’s integrated inventory supports a user defined, multi-segment part number, with 5 different costing methods (including standard costing) for light manufacturing or assembly. Integration with external point of sale and web stores minimizes duplicate data entry.
Financial Reporting That’s Second To None
Your accounting is only as good as the decision-making tools it provides.
Adagio’s award-winning Financial Reporter has the flexibility to provide you with the financial and managerial reports you need to run your business efficiently, competitively, and as profitably as possible.
Adagio Is An Alternative To Quickbooks & Sage 50 Accounting Software
Adagio offers excellent value for companies that have outgrown their entry-level product and are looking for an accounting software system that will meet their needs as they grow their businesses.
Quickbooks and Sage 50 do a little bit of everything. They are real-time systems – not batch systems. They are designed for owner-operators, with simplicity in mind. They do not handle large transaction volumes or large inventories well. Although Adagio Accounting is sold at a price-point that is a little more than the entry-level products, the depth of functionality and technical capabilities are closer to products that compete in the high-end enterprise accounting category.
Book A Free Demo
Adagio Module By Module
Adagio Payments enables online credit card processing and storage in Adagio Receivables, Adagio Invoices and OrderEntry. Customer credit card information is automatically uploaded and vaulted to APS Payments to allow multiple credit cards on file and automatic pre-authorization, capture, sale, void and credit transactions to be processed with minimal operator intervention.
Adagio Sales CQ
Adagio DocStore enables the manual and automatic linking of PDF documents to Adagio accounting transactions and master files.
Generated PDFs (Invoices, Credit Notes, Inventory Receipts) are automatically attached to their source transaction. Accounts Payables invoices can be attached or scanned during batch entry. All reports can be generated to PDF and automatically filed.
Once a document is attached to a transaction in a batch, the document will automatically “flow” to transactions in other modules. For example, an Invoice processed in PurchaseOrders will be attached to the invoice in Payables. When that invoice is paid in Payables, a remittance advice and the invoice will be attached to the bank credit in Ledger. The controller, chief financial officer or auditor can click on a credit in the bank general ledger account and view the remittance advice for the cheque and all invoices paid by the cheque.
Adagio FX Pro
Adagio Accounting in a cost-effective, secure, 24×7 environment, accessible from anywhere you are.
As small businesses, including non-profits and government agencies, recognize that the life cycle of servers and related equipment is typically 36 months, the trend for cloud-based applications continues to build momentum. The cloud provides small businesses with a more cost-effective way of acquiring software and computing power. Adagio Accounting is now available as a cloud (hosted) solution.
- Packaged and priced as cost-effective, high-value bundles of accounting applications.
- Allows up to 5 companies in the base subscription.
- Concurrent users licensing model is based on the number of simultaneous users logged in Adagio Cloud.
- Clients may control the schedule for installing upgrades and updates as not to interfere with audits, year-end close and other events.
- Self-manage user accounts—no wait time for the hosting company to provision.
- Provides the benefits of a common organizational database, while it eliminates the large upfront costs of purchasing and maintaining a LAN.
- Provides advanced financial reporting and best-in-class audit controls.
- Enables you to schedule software upgrades and updates according to your timetable, as not to disrupt events like year-end close or audit.
When purchasing Adagio for an on-premise LAN or for a terminal server environment, products are sold as individual modules. When subscribing to Adagio in a cloud environment, Adagio Cloud products are licensed by function. As an example, Adagio Inventory, Bill Of Materials (BOM), CatchWeights and PurchaseOrders are sold as 4 different modules for an on-premise installation. In the cloud, all of that functionality for purchasing and management of inventory is in the product titled Inventory.
- Adagio Cloud Manager & Utilities
- General Ledger
- Financial Reporter
- Bank Reconciliation
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Time & Billing
- Accounts Receivable
- Order Processing
- Sales Analysis
- Purchase Orders
- Job Costing
- Purchase Orders
- Reporting Tools
- Document Storage
Want To See Cloud In Action?
Get in touch for a free, personalized online demonstration of Adagio Cloud.
Third Party Products Take Adagio To The Next Level
You can now accept payments from your customers right in Adagio! Whether you already process customer payments or want to start, adding the Adagio Payments module will make it easy to accept payments. The Adagio Payments module is designed to work with APS Payments, a company that provides secure credit card processing. APS Payments is a gateway and processor that is trusted by thousands of merchants daily to process payments and works diligently to get you the lowest credit card processing rates, reduce your risk, and provide the best solutions for your business.
A seasoned Adagio Developer Partner, Dakota Software is best known for the Toolkit for Adagio, a collection of utilities essential for Adagio users who wish to maintain their data in an orderly fashion. They also develop National Accounts, specifically designed for companies that sell to chain stores, branch offices or subsidiaries, where the head office pays the bill on their behalf, Rentals for Adagio, designed for companies that rent, sell or service equipment, where recurring billing and rental inventory management are crucial, and Mobile Orders for Adagio, which pairs with ePortal to allow salespeople to collect and send orders from the field using their iPads or iPhones.
Exclusively designed for Adagio, Lenmax Software‘s sophisticated Wireless Warehouse Management System (WWMS) provides a complete inventory management and stock-location solution for small- to medium-size businesses.
Data is entered in real time through barcode scanning, and posted into the Adagio Operational Suite. WWMS extends Adagio stock-location functionality, making it modern, reliable and scalable information technology solution for wholesale, retail, distribution centres or manufacturing.
WWMS systems’ functions include: View Sales / Pick Orders, View PO / Receipts, View Location Inventory, View Cycle Counts, View Transaction Audit, View Replenishments, View / Create / Edit Shipments, and Generate EDI transactions.
Adagio Is Ideal For Not For Profits
- Financial Statements: One of the challenges of being the Director of Finance is the responsibility to provide financial statements to a wide variety of audiences including Program Managers, Funders and the Board. Each group has their own needs. Adagio has the best financial reporter in its market segment. It allows you to design a variety of reports and then print them (or export them) at month end with one click of a button.
- An Elegant Statement Designer: There is almost no limit to the types of financial statements that can be designed using Adagio’s Financial Statement Designer including Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow, Key Ratios, Budget workbooks, etc. Statements can be rolling 12 month statements, have both Budgets and Forecasts and Forecasts can be fixed or calculated. Adagio provides more than 60 sample statements to help get you started quickly.
- Ministry Statements: Agencies receiving government funding are required to provide increasingly complex reporting each year. Adagio’s Statement Designer can be used to easily create the specific reports that match these requirements.
- Budgets: Budgets are a necessary but often painful part of the Director of Finance’s job description. Adagio allows recording of two budgets. Some agencies use one as the “fixed” and one as the “flexible”. Both budgets can be updated directly or by importing from Excel.
- Save money with Accounts Payable: In an era of scarce funding dollars, it’s imperative to find ways to save money. Did you know that every cheque you send out costs your agency at least $1.00? (cheque, envelope, stamp, bank fee, labour) Adagio provides two efficient methods to pay suppliers, contractors and employees electronically. You can reduce your payment processing costs by half, eliminate the risk of cheque fraud and free up staff time spent creating and reconciling paper cheques.
- Save money with Payroll: Salaries and benefits are the single largest line item for agencies of all sizes. But have you ever analyzed what it costs to prepare your payroll? Outsourced payroll firms such as ADP and Ceridian charge approximately $75 per employee, per year. If you have 100 staff members, that’s $7,500 per year. There are four payroll packages that integrate seamlessly with Adagio. After the initial conversion cost, your annual expense will be just $500 per year, for the payroll tax updates. Re-invest the $7,000 per year savings in programs for the clients you serve.
- Tracking Receivables: If your agency bills for services Adagio’s flexible invoicing function is ideal for producing attractive and meaningful invoices easily. The Receivables module tracks the amounts owed and will help you to keep your receivables under control.
- New Features: Softrak Systems has built success in the accounting software industry for more than two decades by responding to customer feedback. You’ll take comfort in knowing that your accounting solution is regularly updated with the features that are important to the success of your organization.
- Your Investment: Adagio is a modular software program, giving you the flexibility to purchase the modules that you need for your organization. A typical agency will use the General Ledger, Accounts Payable and Bank Reconciliation modules. Agencies that bill for services would add the Accounts Receivable and Invoicing modules. Additional modules that will optimize your accounting system include GridView to enhance your reporting and ePrint to enable your accounting department to minimize its paper output.